Thursday, January 26, 2012

Miss Wobbles

MR/MISS WOBBLES

Everyone has heard the saying weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Well yogis wobble and yes we sometimes fall down and that is okay!  The very first time you step into a studio class and see everyone in balancing poses thoughts might start racing through your head. The first being oh fudge there is no way that is happening.  Never fear because it okay to wobble, lean, twist...etc. I remember feeling like I didn't want to return because I looked so goofy in my balancing poses and tree pose was more of a baby shrub in a tornado Add to the fact that I learned to roll forward with grace when the term headstand was uttered.  What gets me through it is a great sense of humor. I smile and even see the smile on my teacher's face because she knows my body is trying to find a happy place of balance. Balance will always change day by day, morning and night and it will never be the same as your neighbor. Don't let any of this keep you from returning to a class.  We have our whole lives to practice yoga and everyday will be different.  Embrace being a Mr/Miss Wobbles and smile. Teacher's fall and wobble too and you will even bare witness to that in class.  Remember that yoga is fun too and you can smile and have an internal laugh because there are no judgments in yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment